Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Prologue

My introduction to aviculture started, ironically, while shopping at Petsmart for cat food. My girlfriend and I happened by the bird section and saw the little bundles of energy they call Zebra finches, and being the soft-hearted suckers that we are, we couldn't resist.

Our First Finches: Zebras- Simba and Nala
We did what all the books I have read since say not to do, which is don't buy till you are prepared to house and take care of your birds. We made some mistakes but we learned as we went along, and as our flock has grown, so has our knowledge of the do's and dont's of living with, and truly taking care of exotic finches.

This blog is my way of sharing some of those lessons as well as some of the beauty we see every day.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment